Brussels Powergrab

Monday, June 12, 2006

Welcome on this new blog

This blog is meant to keep track of how Brussel is taking over more and more power from the member states.

It happens stealthy: one by one the memberstates are giving up their competencies to Brussel. There is no open discussion and newspapers usually only report it after it has happened.

This blog is mainly meant to be record what is happening. Unlike at my Balkan Outlooks blog this blog will mainly consist of links and short summaries.

I am an Euro sceptic. I believe that the arguments for Europe are very similar to those for communism: bigger is better and more efficient. Yet in practice it didn't work that way for Russia and instead we saw lots of inefficiencies and corruption. I see similar tendencies in Europe.

Also I am a believer in nation states. I believe that if the main level of government comes on the European level the influence of the citizens on the government will inevitably decline. This is partly a matter of scale (you can see similat tendencies in the US), partly a matter of the language barriers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home